Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My 6-week tour of Greece begins...

After 3 days without a change of clothes, I was re-united with my long lost backpack. It's a long story. I'll tell you later.

My bed is on the left, and out the sliding glass doors you can see the beach. woot!

My hotel room has a couch! I actually took a long afternoon nap on my lovely couch today

Corvus corone cornix - Hooded/Carrion Crow
New bird for me!!

You can see our hotel on the left

This is a typical class period in the brand new custom-made classroom for ACA who comes each summer

Class time with Zdravko Stefanovic

The beach right behind my hotel at dusk

I can play 2 songs!



Making beautiful high-pitched music at supper

This is the kind of spread we get for breakfast and supper. Lunch is much lighter and less formal

The group eating a meal in the dining room

The front of my hotel...lots of glass on this building

This is where I spend most of my time...the Palace Hotel

Not sure what these are, but I think they are either grapes or gooseberries

WINE!

CHEESE!!!!
(Nessa, you would like all of the different cheeses here)

Two of my classmates, Michael and Anna in front of Greek Orthodox church

The church of Saint Konstantinos in Glyfada just a few minutes away from where I am staying

Greek flag in front of Konstantinos church

Pool area

Main level/lobby/dining room of the hotel

View of the dining area where we eat all of our meals prepared by the Palace Hotel

Pool of my hotel...in the background you can see the Aegean Sea

The front lobby inside the Palace Hotel where I will be residing for the next 6 weeks

The front lobby inside the Palace Hotel where I will be residing for the next 6 weeks

View from the top of my hotel in Glyfada, Greece

View from the top of my hotel in Glyfada, Greece

View from the top of my hotel in Glyfada, Greece

Olive groves...Greece is the 3rd largest producer of olives in the world....mmh...mmh...good

Athens suburbs from the air

One of the thousands of islands in the Aegean Sea

View from my plane of the Aegean coast 20 minutes from Athens

My BA flight to Athens...YAY!

Inside London-Heathrow Main terminal...very nice...ritzy in fact

View from London-Heathrow terminal

My British Air ride

Deplaning in London off of a Boeing 777

Dad and I right before I left Orlando

Picture with mom before I left Orlando Airport

2 comments:

Florida Girl said...

Oh Buddy we are so glad that you finally got your luggage!! We've been (dad mostly) have been working hard to get it to you! Looks like you will have a great time over in Greece. We are in Sioux Falls right now. Almost to ND! Wish you were here with us... better yet, wish we were there with you! :) Love you much!!

Anonymous said...

this is your mama typing. i love the song on the glasses, we always did like doing that. I miss you buddy we are having a great sabbath. I wish you werent missing all the ND fun we are having next weekend is the big reunion love and hugs to you i pray 4 you every single day more than once a day. be careful!!!!!