Friday, October 29, 2010

Track and Field Day

Last week we had Track and Field Day here at Maxwell Adventist Academy. I helped in organizing the day by setting up the events and working with the sports committee. After a bunch of hard work in preparing for the big day, the challenges really began: getting all the kids from one event to another and making sure everyone is participating in their alloted events, trying to fit all the planned events into the day and having to shorten things here and cut things there. It was a hectic day but well worth it in the end. We were even able to get the award ribbons to the winners at the end of the day. I guess in years past they haven't been able to get out the awards until much later. So I felt pretty good about that. 

We did everything from a 5K to Shot Put to Tug-of-War. Track and Field day was a great success and I am glad it is over. However, I know that when I was in Academy I looked forward to Track and Field day for so long. I loved to do all the events and compete against the other classes. I'm pretty sure all the kids enjoyed it this year as well.



 Brianna coming in first in the 4X100 Relay. (I measured out these lines and chalked them as well. That was lots of work.)




The High Jump was great fun for all. These kids can really jump.




A group of runners making another lap for the 5K race.




Shaina get ready to kick for the Soccer Shoot-out.




He's CLEAR!




"Ladies and gentlemen, we have now reached cruising altitude."




The Raymond's and Germeen looking on as classes compete in the Soccer Shoot-out.




We even had a small roller-blading race. It was fun to watch.




The Softball Throw was a big hit too.

2 comments:

Tim Vigil said...

Is that you in the way back in the 5K race?! Oh, you're about to lap them! Of course, my bad. ;-)

IRNHIDE said...

That's awesome Tyson! That's really cool that you could contribute something like that for the kids I bet they will never forget it!