Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My First Safari...


Wildebeest



Ostrich



Lilac-breasted Roller



Lilac-breasted Roller



Lion Cubs



Big Ol' Crocodile



Secretary Birds



Lion Cub



Lioness



Don't worry, I'm not in any danger being this close...at least I hope not.



Safari Vehicles



Cheetahs



The very dangerous Cape Buffalo



Buffalo and Yellow-billed Oxpecker



Topi



Elephant with calf



Elephant with calf



Elephants!



Zebra...white with black stripes



Giraffe playing piggy-back ride.



Vulture



Termite mound with no termites visible.



Impala...the most handsome antelope on the savanna.



Pumba



Dead Wildebeest



Young Marabou Stork



Hippos!!!



Kenya-Tanzania Border



Thomson Gazelle



Wildebeest skull



Stopping for lunch



Helmeted Guineefowl



Weaverbird nest



Results of a forced Wildebeest crossing. The storks are having a great time though.



Handsome Elephant



Cute lion cub



Elusive Serval cat.



Southern Ground Hornbill



Feasting Lions



Awesome sight!



King of the jungle.



Tourists...



Here kitty, kitty, kitty...



The Maasai Mara



Heartebeast



Hamerkop



Patient onlookers...and Jackals 



Tough-lookin' Dude



Little Bee-eater

7 comments:

Ellen said...

Great pictures Tyson, I am enjoying you posts so much , only miss captions. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having an unbelievable time! I'm jealous, I can't believe you got such a fabulous picture of that Roller and Kingfisher, right? Do me a favor, bring home a lion cub for me lol.

Violetta said...

It is unbelievable!!!
It is amazing!!!
You have wonderful pictures!!!

Good job!
I like it,
me=)

Clifton Kahler said...

Great pictures buddy! I'm using the landscape with the lion as a backdrop on my computer. Looks like you had a good time. Did you see any termites or was that mound inactive?

Jayme said...

Two things: I am super jealous of your elephant pictures!!! And I am praying for you. That's it :)

Clifton Kahler said...

mama says, I miss you, I enjoy your photos,(dad sure got you a fine little camera!) I want to hug you and I cannot wait to see you son! Just about 75 more days! Yippy Skippy!

IRNHIDE said...

You are taking some sweet pics man! I wish I could have been there.