Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sabbath School Activity

This last Sabbath I was asked to do a special feature for Sabbath School before the congregation split into their various study groups. So I agreed, and then began to brainstorm as to what I could do that would be short, memorable, and easy to do. I came up with this: Ask for 15 volunteers and then hand each one of them a piece of paper with a word or two on it. They are not allowed to talk or show anyone else what is on their piece of paper. The papers have the words from a Bible verse, in my case, I used John 14:6; it has roughly 15 usable words, hence the 15 volunteers, and 15 pieces of paper. I then told all of the students who volunteered that they had to line up in the correct order of the verse by only saying the word or words on their piece of paper. I then chose one more person from the congregation to put the words(people) in the correct order. They were all basically right anyway, because most of them just talked and pointed the rest in the right direction. Oh well, in theory it worked well, but in practice, it needed a little fine tuning, but I think the general lesson came across after I explained a little at the end. This would have been better if I had used the body of Christ verses instead. But I guess I only have room to improve.
















Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Schumachers said...

Looks fun Tyson. Missed you at Seth and JoJO's wedding. Love you Mindy