Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kuchen!

Last week I made Peach Kuchen. It was so very tasty and made me think of home. I was able to find all of the ingredients quite easily in order to make it. When I make a pan I cut it into 24 squares. I have made it two weekends in a row and only eaten three little squares myself. I have been giving it to the students in my faculty family, my fellow Student Missionaries, and some of the full time staff as well. So far it's a big hit and might even end up in the cafeteria menu! This recipe makes for a quick and easy dessert if I ever get invited to someone's house for Sabbath lunch. WooHoo, Thanks Mom!


Here's the Recipe:


Crust –  Mix – Pat into 10 x 15 pan top with peaches

1 cup Crisco
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour

Filling –  Mix - Pour over fruit – Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar


1 ¾ cup cream
1 cup sugar
1 Tblsp flour
3 eggs

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Violetta said...

O!!!
It was great! I enjoyed it!

Thank you for sharing=)

Me=)

Emily Shafer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sounds good Ty, will have to try the recipe here. Thanks. Enjoy your African Blog.

Ellen said...

Thanks Tyson. I made this for Community service mtg today and the pan was empty. I used fresh peaches since I had plenty. Thanks again.

Ellen said...

Hi Tyson. Tried the peach kuchen recipe and it went over good for the community service meeting on Tuesday. Brought home an empty pan. Thanks a bunch, to you mom too.